***Scroll Down*** Installation Video Below ***Scroll Down***
***Bare steel orders may be subject to a 3 week lead time***
Introducing the new Metal Tech 4x4 Red Eye FJ Cruiser rear swing out system. This unique bumper design has been over 1.5 years in the making. What makes this rear swing out bumper different from the rest is the individual pods/wings on the passenger and driver side. Each pod is self supporting without any additional reinforcement with one side holding the entire spindle assembly and the other with the latching mechanism. Connecting the two pods is a deck plate that ties the two sides together and acts as a stepping surface. This bumper is made from 7 different thickness of steel to maximize strength and long term performance why keeping the weight in check. The corners are also maximized to protect your vulnerable rear tail lights.
The shape of the corners match the lines of the tail lights helping protect them from vertical impacts. The departure angle of this bumper is as aggressive as you can make a rear bumper for the FJC with out cutting the body mounts under the truck.
No drilling or modifications to your frame, straight bolt on. (factory rear plastic bumper wings are cut, as the rest is being replaced. This is the same for almost all rear replacement bumpers for the FJC)
We have also designed this bumper to work with the factory rear door with our included Door Link system. The Door Link is connected to your factory rear door and moves the swing out arm with the motion of the stock rear door. To use this you unlatch the 2000lbs rated over center latch to unlock the swing out, then simply open and close the swing out with your factory door without any additional work. The 2000lbs latch secures your swing out arm, firmly locking it to the rear bumper and does not rely on the stock door latch and thin skin of a rear door to hold the load closed. This ads to the incredible strength of this bumper and the load it can carry day in and out years to come.
In additional to the full swing out system we made the option of a bolt on fuel can rack that can hold two fuel/water can holders. The fuel can holders have the ability to be locked with a standard lock and can accept a standard Nato Scepter Can, Scepter water can, of the (US) CARB compliant Scepter Can. The locking strap locks the cans and the cap of the fuel can from would be gas thieves. The spare fuel can rack (steel) and fuel can holders (5052 marine aluminum) come fully powder coated with the mounting hardware.
Swing arm with a multi purpose mount. The swing arm features a bolt pattern on it to allow the installation of the optional duel fuel can rack/holder noted above. Over the next year we will develop more mounting options that will bolt into this place. For example, if you prefer Rotopax fuel can holders, this will soon be a bolt on option for this mounting location. Also for the DIY (do it yourself) people, this mounting point is a blank canvas to build your own creation to mount on the swing out.
Metal Tech 4x4 Red Eye Rear Swing Out Standard Features:
- - Spare Tire Carrier, with adjustable offset for different rims and tire widths. Holds a full size 35" inside the body lines for off road performance (can easily hold a larger tire like 40").
- - Hi Lift Mount, lowest center of gravity mounting point of ANY commercially made Hi-Lift jack mounts for the FJC.
- - CB Antenna Mount
- - Duel recovery points
- - Door Link System, featuring US Made QA1 heim joints
- - 2000lbs rated over center latch system, with proprietary CNC machined UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Polyethylene) landing pads for the swing arm.
- - 2000lbs rated Metal-tech 4x4 CNC'ed Pivot hub, sealed with two oversized tapered radial bearings, 100% serviceable
- - Includes all mounting hardware
- - Works with the stock receiver hitch
- - Weighs a 142lbs
- - Fuel/Water Can Rack, w/ mounting points for back up lights. powder coated steel. $149.99(does not include can holders or cans)
- - Fuel/Water Can Holders, w/locking strap, powder coated aluminum. $119.99 each (does not include cans)
- - Rack Combo: Fuel/Water Can Rack w/ TWO Fuel/Water Can Holders. $349.99 (does not include cans)
- - US CARB Scepter fuel can. $39.99 each w/ filler neck.
- - Rigid LED, Dually flood lights $189 pair (requires Fuel/Water Can Rack for mounting)
- - More options to come
Contact customer service to issue an RMA number. All items returned must be within 30 days of the date of shipment with the original packing in new condition and must be accompanied with the original invoice and RMA number. Items must be shipped pre-paid. Make a copy of your original invoice for your own records. A 20% restocking fee will be applied to all returned products. If item is damaged in return shipping then there will be additional costs attached to the refund. Refunds will be issued the same method as the original payment. No refunds will be granted after 30 days of purchase. There are no refunds or exchanges on any special ordered item.
All orders that are unable to delivered or refused that are returned to Metal Tech 4x4 or distributor that the product shipped from will be treated as a return. A 20% restocking fee will be imposed and all shipping including return costs will be billed to the customer.