The bottom half the coil is rated at 300lbs of spring rate and the upper portion is at 105lbs of spring rate. With this combination the spring can stay in it's compressed position at ride height and expand out to it's full free height on down travel.
In conjunction with the added suspension flex Metal Tech 4x4 worked directly with Radflo and Icon Vehicle Dynamics to produce a 2.0 VS series shock to our specifications that fits in the stock shock mounting location. This shock will allow for a full 11.5" of shock travel which translates into 27.5" of wheel travel (compared to a OME 2" lift that has 20" of wheel travel) without using a sway bar. We also offer a 2.5" with remote reservoir version also produced by Icon Vehicle Dynamics that will give you added shock dampening and vehicle stability.
Due to the enormous length of the custom shocks we developed a custom 3" bump stop drop with arc swing built in. When the axle comes in contact with a lowered bump stop it is shifted back by 3/4". Our bump stop drops compensate for this and prevents the shock from bottoming out.
The kit also includes stainless steel extended brake lines for the added suspension travel. The abs sensor lines and e-locker wiring will need to be re-worked as well. It is a simple as removing some brackets to allow the wiring to extend beyond the factory suspension.
Stage 2 Kit includes:
- MT-GSJ-4052 - Metal Tech 4x4 long travel spring (pair)
- MT-120/150-41113 - Metal Tech 4x4 3" bump stop extensions x 2
- CRWN-FJC - Stainless steel extended brake lines x 2
- MT-GSJ-44125 - Metal Tech FJC/4Runner Offset Lower Links x 1
- ICON-57812 - ICON 2.5 Remote Reservoir long travel shocks x 2
- RAD-6ST 001 2R MT - Radflo 2.5" Remote Reservoir Long Travel Shocks x 2