Metal-Tech 4x4 FJ Cruiser Red Eye II Rear Swing Out Bumper Stage 2
We use state of the art design and engineering tools like 3D Scanning and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to develop all of our bumpers. We analyze the products real-world physical behavior by virtually testing the CAD models against linear, non-linear, and dynamic loading, allowing us to raise product quality and product durability ensuring a long service life.
The Red Eye II features a new one piece main shell with and auto locking open and closed swing arm. The latch system is now stainless steel and features the bolt on serviceable lading pad for the latch featuring two UHMW CNC machined plastic ware pads for no squeaks and long service. The main shell has cut outs for optional flange mount LED back up lights.
Two 3/4" thick pull points, pierce though the main shell and are welded directly to the inner substructure of the bumper, not just to the main outer shell. Pivot system is Metal-tech 4x4's proprietary: MotionX Pivot featuring twin tapered radial bearings and lip seal to keep dust and water out and grease in, fully serviceable, and rated for 2000lbs. Standard features include adjustable offset tire mount that holds up to 36" tire, lowest commercially available Hi-lift jack mount, CB/HAM/sand flag antenna mount. Swing arm comes pre laser cut for optional accessories to bolt to it, like duel fuel can holders or other to be released accessories.
Optional bolt on 2" receiver towing mount is available in two forms. First is full GVW towing with a blow the frame bolt on mount very similar to the OEM Toyota. The second option is a custom high mount that moves the receiver above the frame and comes with a custom stubby stinger w/o ball. The high mount has a light duty towing capacity of 1200lbs and intended for light weight off road trailers. Note: the OEM stock hitch will not work with the Red Eye II. However having a hitch bolted on or not has no effect to the bumper.
NOTE: Photo shows optional accessories that are available but not included in the Stage 2 package.
- Main bumper shell, powder coated
- Swing arm beam, powder coated
- Spare tire mount, powder coated
- Hi-lift Jack mount, powder coated (jack not included)
- CB/Sandflag mount, Powder coated
- Full hardware pack for 100% bolt on installation
- 2 OPOR 20w LED back up lights
- Metal-Tech Standard Receiver (SKU #MT-34217)
- Metal-Tech High Tuck Receiver (SKU #MT-34217H)
- Metal-Tech Universal Utility Rack (SKU #MT-34221)
- Metal-Tech Fuel Can Holder (SKU #MT-53109)
- Metal-Tech 3rd Fuel Can Holder Add On (SKU #MT-7501)
- OPOR Rear License Plate LED Lights (SKU #OPOR-LED-LP)
Estimated Install Time: 7 hours
Stage 2 Bumper Weight: 143LBS